Monday, February 16, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Dessert Feast

I went on a baking frenzy for Alex's birthday. I don't remember the last time I spent so much time in the kitchen using my oven. I literally had a dessert buffet in our house over the weekend. I can't post pictures of two of the recipes because they are this month's Daring Bakers and The Cake Slice selections, but make sure to check back for those later this month. In addition to having pound cake, we also had creme brulee (recipe here) and cheesecake (recipe here). I loved having so many choices in the house for dessert and Alex was spoiled rotten :)

The cheesecake...

The creme brulee...
All this baking got me super excited and I wish I had a reason to bake so much each month. I've already promised my friends that if I end up in Miami I will be doing a monthly dessert buffet. Fingers crossed that I end up in Miami...I need more reasons to bake!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Love your yummy blog. Just discovered it as I'm getting ready to type up TWD for tomorrow. Left you a comment with the Andes Mint CCC's, didn't know if you'd see it that far back. Can't wait to see all the Devil's food cakes tomorrow.